We're exposed to the sun's harmful rays more than we realize every day, but we can fix that. Read on about preventing sun damaged skin with everyday sunscreen.
Every day we go out into the sun.
And while the sun may have healing benefits, like anything else, too much of it can harm us.
We're exposed to the sun's harmful rays more than we realize every day.
But we can fix that.
Here's how to prevent sun damaged skin with everyday sunscreen.
How Do We Get Sun Damaged Skin?
When we're overexposed to the sun it can cause sun damaged skin.
Here is what can happen when we don't protect our skin with sunscreen:
- Benign tumors
- Mottled pigmentation: when discoloration to the skin occurs
- Pre-cancerous and cancerous cells: melanoma causes 75% of all skin care deaths
- Sallowness: when the skin looks yellowish
- Telangiectasias: when small blood vessels under the skin dilate
- Elastosis: when the elasticity of your skin is destroyed
And it's not just the natural sun causing damage to your skin, but exposure to tanning beds as well.
In fact, tanning beds are worse for your health than the sun.
Studies show that regular use of a tanning bed before the age of 35 leaves you 75% more likely to get melanoma.
How Does Wearing Sunscreen Everyday Help?
Sun damaged skin doesn't happen overnight.
It happens after years of taking risks with sun exposure.
So it makes sense to start wearing sunscreen every day.
But did you know it can also help your already sun damaged skin to wear sunscreen every day?
Here are a few reasons why you should make wearing sunscreen part of your daily habit:
- Sunscreen is good for everyone: Every skin type will be protected from the sun. And don't think that because you have a darker skin tone you'll be okay. Every skin tone should wear sunscreen.
- Aging is often caused by sun damage: Did you know that as much as 80% of visible aging is caused by sun damage?
- The choices are expanding: The market has been exploding so now there's a sunscreen type out there for everyone.
- The sun is always shining: Cloudy days don't mean you aren't being exposed.
What Else Can I Do to Protect My Skin?
Using sunscreen every day as part of your daily habit is important.
But it's not the only way you can prevent sun damaged skin.
In fact, it's important to use all of these together to ensure you are always protected.
You can also:
- Wear sunglasses: Protecting your eyes is also important. They can be damaged by the sun and the skin around your eyes can also wrinkle prematurely. Wear sunglasses with UV protection, even on cloudy days and even in the winter to fully protect yourself.
- Wear SPF clothing: Wearing clothing with UV protection can go a long way towards ensuring you're fully protected from the sun.
- Avoid prime time sun hours: From 10 am-4 pm, the sun is at it's strongest. Try to avoid outdoor activities during those hours.
- Wear a hat: This will help protect your face and the top of your head. Don't forget, you can get burned through your hair, too.
And the most important piece of advice about sunscreen is to reapply, reapply often and apply liberally.
We're passionate about protecting your beautiful skin.
We offer the best products in natural skin care and we're here to help you look and feel beautiful for a long time.